Friday, July 18, 2008

Roseberry Day 3

As I'm writing this post about last week's event, I am sitting in a beautiful Red Lion hotel room relaxing before the Nazareth concert that we are providing stage, sound and lights for. Everything is set up and we have a few hours before the show starts. . . I'll eventually get around to posting pictures of today's event but for now I'll go back to catching up on the Roseberry Festival. . .


We really enjoyed our time in Roseberry for the most part and, on Friday, we had some time during the day to relax and enjoy ourselves. I had a pretty large area on the side of the stage to hang out in and it was the perfect place to make pancakes for breakfast.

Gloria and Zach had been exploring the area and I finally had time for them to show me around. Across the street from the general store is the museum and the church:

Weddings are still held in this pretty little chapel:



Kimberly, Ross and Robert were visiting Kim's dad in McCall so they came by for a short visit. Ross wasn't too impressed with our set up and was ready to go back to New York, but we still had a nice chat.

They had a little time to walk around and look at our stuff. . .



The festival started up again in the evening with Frank kicking things off. . .

The first band was Elephant Revival. I hadn't heard of them before this although they have quite a following. They are now my new favorite band! They were very talented and much more laid back than most "national" bands that we run sound for.

Bonnie Paine plays the washboard, the djembe and the musical saw. Her voice was incredible. It's band's like this that cause me to sit back and be thankful for what I get to do!



I took this panoramic of the crowd. I was constantly surprised at how many people came to this out-of-the-way festival.

There are very few bands that I would pay money to see but I enjoyed these guys so much, I'd be willing to pay if I had to. . .



They have several videos on Youtube that are worth watching. Here's one of them:
The second band of the evening was Cadillac Sky:

These guys were a lot of fun, too and, of course, very talented.











These guys are fairly well known, too, and I found plenty of videos on Youtube to choose from.

It was another fun day in Roseberry. . .

No comments: