Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Packing Up and Good-Byes. . .

Tuesday and Wednesday were really hard. Besides being really tired and dealing with other difficult stuff, I had to face the reality that my good, good friends are really, truly moving away.

The McConaugheys moved to Boise when Gloria was about 8 months old and they've touched our lives in so many ways over the last 9 years. . .

We will all miss them terribly. . .

I've said all along that I won't say good-bye until I see the tail lights of the moving truck as it pulls away. Thankfully, I didn't see it pull away since we were out of town on the day it pulled out but I was surprisingly surprised at how difficult it was to face the reality of the truck in the driveway.

Even though it's difficult to say good-bye to dear friends, it was so worth it to have them so close for as long as we did. I know we'll be together again soon and we are always only a phone call or an e-mail away. Here's a slide show of sweet, unforgettable memories:

No comments: