Monday, June 25, 2007

VBS Day 2

Zach spent the afternoon with the youth group at the YMCA today, and sweet Gloria took a big, fat nap. She wasn't very happy that Zach got to do something fun and she NEVER gets to do anything fun. . . so she pouted for awhile and then did exactly what I hoped she would do-she fell asleep!

We had a "special" visitor today at VBS. Cowboy Rowdy managed to get himself into a little jam and was fortunate enough to find a helper in Kristin right here at Boise Friends. Somehow he roped himself when he was trying to catch a dog. . . It all seemed a little fishy to me. . .
. . .he told us the whole sad story. . .


Lucky for him, Kristin took time out of her busy schedule to give him a hand. One tug on the rope. . .

. . . a couple of good spins. . .

And he was free to go and practice his roping skills again. . .

The kids really enjoyed his visit!

The adults got a pretty big kick out of it, too!!

The evening went by quickly and smoothly. Here are some shots of the closing segment:







I try not to think about how silly I look when I'm singing with the kids because then I couldn't enjoy it as much, but I asked Vic to take a couple of pictures anyway. I guess I'm just getting too old to care!! Our lasso practice is really paying off:

It's been fun having Steph and Alyssa up there helping out.

When VBS ended for the evening, the kids weren't ready for it to be over. They stormed the stage and Steph led the way into the wild, blue yonder. . .

So far it's been a Great Adventure!!!

No comments: