Thursday, June 14, 2007

Cherry Festival Day 2

The first act on Thursday was a 20-something singer/songwriter that should have had a later time slot so more people could hear him. His name is Chris Shattuck and he writes and performs original music. I was impressed with everything about him- especially his attitude. After talking to him for awhile and listening to him sing, I realized he reminded me a great deal of someone else I know. I went out to the front-of-house mixer to tell Rob and as I was walking up to the mixer, Rob said, "Doesn't he remind you of Gregg Koskela?" I had to laugh because that was my thought exactly. His mannerisms, the tone of his voice, his attitude- very much like Gregg. And that made listening to him that much better!! www.chrisshattuck.com

After Chris sang we actually had an hour break. One of the booths nearby was a church that had a dunk tank as a youth fundraiser. For $1, you could throw three balls and dunk the person in the tank. Gloria wanted Rob to dunk her so for $2, she got to sit in the tank and Rob dunked her twice!





Next up was Lisa Jensen, a local rancher who plays her guitar and sings:

This little 5 year-old belted out a tune and entertained the crowd:

Look for this kid on American Idol in a few years. He brought the house down! His name is David Alvarez and he belted out three songs with great confidence and talent:

One of our favorite acts of the entire week was a performance by the Lake Dance Steps. They danced to music from Peter Pan and did an incredible job. Rob usually doesn't pay much attention to the dance groups, but he really enjoyed this one.











The cloggers were up next and did a great job, as usual:

There was always a good crowd for the local cloggers:



Another dance group followed from Barb's Dance. They were little cuties:

The Super Vapors were the band for the evening:





Gloria had her eye on the catapult ride all day, so we finally had a chance to check it out after the show. They strapped her in:
And off she went!!

Wheeeee!

Back at the motor home by midnight:
Emma still isn't overly impressed with Lucy.



1 comment:

Gregg Koskela said...

My ears were burning...now I know why! :)

Dude has better hair than me. And a better guitar. And I'm almost twice his age. But I'm flattered. ;)