Saturday, June 16, 2007

Cherry Festival Day 4

It's the last day of the Cherry Festival. We're tired but nowhere near as tired as we were at Star Mule Days. This has been a really good experience- we've met good people and had great weather. They have appreciated and cared for us and begged us to come back next year. I can't think about next year just yet, but I'm sure we'll be coming back.


The first act of the day was Lisa Jensen again. She came a little early and asked me if I'd sing with her. I talked with her several times this week and she knows I love to sing, so she asked me to join her. I harmonized on several songs- even a couple I had never heard before- and it was alright. We had many people tell us we should sing together more often and Lisa invited me to sing with her at Kuna Days, but I'm pretty sure it won't happen. It's hard, for some reason, for me to transition from "worker" to "entertainer". It felt weird. I guess when I'm setting up the stage for other performers I have to remove myself from my own desire to perform so I can carry on. I don't know if that makes sense, but I struggle with needing to prove that I am more than "just a stage manager" and at the same time, I know that none of this, the singing or the setting up, is really WHO I am. So, I guess I have to "put away" that other part of me in order to make the most of what I do. Just rambling after a long week. . . . . .

I didn't feel like taking too many pictures today. How many pictures can one person have of fifty bazillion dance groups anyway. . . There was a messy cherry pie eating contest:

There were belly dancers. . .

. . .and Ballet Folklorico Mexico Lindo. . .

The future American Idol came back for an encore performance:

And for a fourth performance in four days, the Gem Cloggers:

The opening band was the Billy G. Camp Band:

And, finally, Straight Shooter took the stage:

Only, they've changed their name to Straight Away. It was either that or The Our-Ex-Drummer-Stole-Our-Name Band. I'm not crazy about the name Straight Away, but it's not my band. . .

Greg had a good time:

Scott sang, "Proud to be an American":

Beau. . .

Lori spent the evening with me at the monitor board:

Beau sings Ozzie's Crazy Train and thrills the crowd:

Jody mentioned to Rob earlier in the day that his daughter loves Ozzie Osbourne so Rob had Beau dedicate the song to her. Jody got a big kick out of it:

Beau and Scott:







The crowd always loves it when Beau goes out into the audience. Rob lights up the entire area with the audience blinders. That's my fog up there mingling with the lights:

This is Rob's favorite picture of the evening:

The show ended at 11:15, but I think the crowd could have listened to Straight Shooter all night.

It's almost over. We'll take down some of it tonight and then, with Dale's help, we'll take down the rest of it tomorrow. While I'm ready for it to be over, it was a good week.

No comments: