Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Cherry Festival Day 1

The first day of the Cherry Festival kicked off at 3:30 with the Old Time Fiddlers:
I couldn't see Rob's expression from my side-stage position, but I had a feeling. . .
This little man can play the upright bass without even moving his left hand- he was pretty cute:

A few weeks ago, I posted about seeing Rob's future when we were at the auction. Today, I'm afraid, I saw mine:

So, even if my singing career doesn't take off in the next 10 years, this little lady showed me there is still plenty of time. . .

The Opening Ceremony followed the fiddlers and included a fly-over from an Apache helicopter.

The rest of the afternoon/evening consisted of cheerleaders. . .

. . . cloggers. . .

. . . cute, little ballet dancers. . .

. . . and home-town folks with their Karoke CD's. . .

Gloria spent most of the day either front-and-center on the grass or on the side of the stage next to me:

There was a pretty big crowd throughout the day:

Dark Side of a Cowboy with Ranger Bud was the band for the evening:

Back in the late eighties/early nineties, Rob played in a band called Rock Candy with this guy. He leads worship now at The Vineyard in Boise! We've run into him several times over the years and it's always good to see him.

Rob put on a great light show and I ran the monitor board.

After the show, Rob messed around with the lighting for awhile. We are running front truss, back truss and under-the-stage lights:

Gloria thought the light show was for her benefit:

Zach spent the day taking care of the pups. He's a good kid that way.

Back to the motorhome, asleep around 1 a.m., awakend by the pup at 3, 5, and 6:30. . . .

No comments: