Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Day 4 of VBS, Day 1 of Kevin Sharp set up

We are setting up for the Kevin Sharp concert at the Gem County Fairgrounds today and tomorrow and it was dusty and hot. We tried to get an early start to avoid as much heat as possible and were up and around by 7:30, but by the time we made another trip to the shop, filled the 3 gas hog vehicles, collected the keyboard at the church and double-checked everything, it was shortly before noon when we started our set up. I made last minute arrangements for the kids so they could go to VBS and NOT have to hang out with us in Emmett, but there aren't many options for little Lucy. I still don't know what we were thinking when we took on this new family member, but I'm already very attached. She's a good puppy and spent most of the day in the shade, sleeping.

The stage set-up went fine- it's just very time consuming to get it all leveled out and to make sure it's safe for the performers. It only took us about 4 hours to accomplish this part of the set-up.

We are also providing the canopy and lights and they have to be completely set up today. Our canopy was in desperate need of new grommets, so that took up a chunk of time.

I had to leave around 7:00 to meet with two customers at the shop before picking up the kids at VBS. I got there just in time to take a few pictures:











I heard that Steph and Alyssa did a great job with the music, so I may have successfully replaced myself as the VBS music director!! Zach and Gloria were begging me to find a way for them to be able to go to the last day of VBS and so a few of us put our heads together and made a plan. I love my friends!!

No comments: