Thursday, January 24, 2013

Winter Carnival Thursday...

We spent the last four days in McCall for the Winter Carnival. I had no Internet and very sketchy phone coverage.  And I survived without it!! 

When we woke up Thursday morning at home, it was an ice covered world.  The news said we could get several inches of snow so I was surprised to look out the window to see that everything looked the same as it did when I went to bed.  But then I went outside and discovered the thick layer of ice that covered everything.  It was the weirdest thing.  Turns out we haven't had an ice storm like that in about 30 years. 

The pictures can't do it justice but imagine an ice skating rink.  Everywhere:

 
 
 
 

It didn't seem like the best day to be driving the Uhual to McCall for the Carnival but we didn't have much choice.  We left in the late afternoon with Rob in the Uhaul and me about 15 minutes behind in the Jeep.  It actually wasn't too bad of a drive and the Uhaul made even better time than the Jeep!  (I suppose it could be the amount of caution the drivers of the vehicles had rather than the vehicles themselves. . . )


It was dark when we arrived but we had a nice cabin provided for us so, in spite of the fact that there wasn't a bit of wi-fi to be found, it wasn't a bad place to be. . .

No comments: