Saturday, January 12, 2013

To Each His Own...

I need to preface this by saying this is NOT a post about gun control. I try not to let politics pollute my pretty blog, HOWEVER, although Rob and I cancel each other out when we vote, there is one thing we can agree on: guns don't kill people, people kill people.

With that being said, he's into guns and I am NOT. I'm not bothered by the fact that he owns them but I don't have any interest in sharing his passion for them. Lately it's become a frequent topic of conversation that is becoming more and more difficult to avoid. You could ALMOST even call him a bit of a fanatic. Today he even set up a booth at a gun show...

He had asked me several times during the week if I would come down and see his booth.  I said, "No and you can't make me." And I meant it.

Obviously I went back on my word:

In the brief time that I was in the Expo Building, I made a few observations:

#1. There didn't seem to be much security during the event but I decided that it was probably the safest place to be. . .

#2. My second observation may take a bit of explaining.  I've been watching two very different seasons of TV shows: How I Met Your Mother and The Walking Dead.  The only way I can describe the majority of the people at the Gun Show was to say they had a lot more in common with Daryll than with Barney.  (If you don't know what I'm talking about, you'll have to watch the shows!) I also decided that if there ever IS a Zombie Apocalypse, these are the people I'll want to align myself with.

And, last but not least. . .

#3.  Rob was right at home in the midst of this group of people and their paraphernalia.  I'm thinking this is only the beginning. . . 

No comments: