Thursday, January 10, 2013

Wild Winter Weather...

The Meridian School District actually called a snow day today. Thankfully it was before we got up for the day so we got to sleep in a bit. I thought about just staying home but I had left my lap top and glasses at the shop last night and I had a few things that had to be done so I decided to brave the weather. I like snow. I just don't like slick roads. My truck isn't exactly a snow rig but I decided to risk it anyway. It was snowing pretty heavily when I left the house in Meridian and the wind was blowing as well so the freeway wasn't much fun. Changing lanes was the worst. I ended up getting off the freeway at the Franklin exit because it was too slippery for me! Thankfully, I made it safe and sound, both to work and home again, and can now enjoy the snow from the warmth of my house!

Update on Friday morning: according to the news, there were 99 accidents and 31 slide offs yesterday before midnight. Wow.

No comments: