Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Handsome...

Zach has a big weekend coming up next month. He'll be spending a few days with other scholarship hopefuls at George Fox University where he was recently accepted as a transfer student. He's been pretty excited, to say the least. I'll be more excited when the financial part of this private university is figured out but until then, I'll do what needs to be done to get him there.

Today was makeover day. Mechelle gave him a great haircut and her personal recommendation that he shave off the beard. He decided that maybe he would trim it up nicely but didn't really want to shave it off completely.

The next order of business was to shop for "business attire". We all know that I'm not a shopper and Zach is even less of a shopper than me but, thankfully, my sister is a GREAT shopper and is especially good at choosing business attire.  She said she would be happy to meet us at Kohls.

It took a few tries but he finally found dress pants that fit (as long as we cut another notch in the belt so he can tighten up good!) He chose a couple of ties from the selections my sister chose for him and we ended up with a nice outfit complete with new shoes.

When we got home he had to try everything on for Gloria's inspection and realized that Mechelle was right: the beard had to go.

When all was said and done I think this makeover revealed a very handsome man hiding behind all that facial hair!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow... lookin sharp! well done :)

My Crazy Beautiful Life said...

Thanks! I thought so :)

Anonymous said...

And he's rockin' the sideburns! They are more noticeable without the beard. Looking forward to seeing you both next weekend!