Monday, January 7, 2013

Snow! (Jar of Cheer!)

It's been awhile since we've had a good snow fall around here.  I don't like the cold but I DO like the snow.  Today it started to snow on my drive in to work around 8:30 a.m. and continued falling all day long.  By the time I got home this afternoon, we had close to 5 inches.  The kids put on their snow clothes and went outside around 4:00.  They immediately started building snow forts. . .




I kept expecting them to come inside and warm up but they just kept building. . .





While the kids were outside "working" I was in the warm house with a hot cup of tea, listening to my Allison Krausse station on Pandora.  I put some potato soup on the stove and decided this was the perfect scenario for my "Jar of Cheer".  I held onto the moment and enjoyed the fact that the house was clean and quiet and that my kids enjoy each other's company.  I realized that this is something I'm supposed to write down and hold onto so that I can remember the good moments of 2013.  I wrote it down and put it in a mason jar. . .


When the kids came in around 8:00, they were happy to have a hot bowl of potato soup to warm up with. . .

(Zach isn't nearly as happy about having his picture taken as Gloria is.  The only reason he is standing here letting me take it is that he needed a spray bottle to ice down his fort and I bribed him with this photo op before I would find one!!)

So this is my first official Jar of Cheer post.  Hoping for many more. . .

No comments: