Thursday, January 3, 2013

Routines, Not Resolutions...

So...I don't like to make resolutions but there are certain things that are very important to me that often fall by the wayside due to weariness and/or other family members requiring my time and attention. These aren't big, time consuming things that I want and they are all within my reach if I just make them a priority. But that is so much easier said than done. However...I have managed to do everything on my need-to-do-for-me list for three days in a row. That gives me a glimmer of hope that I can follow through on these things on a more regular, if not daily, basis. So this is my list and it may seem silly but when I do these things consistently, I'm a lot more content.

1. Always go to bed with a clean kitchen so that I can wake up to a clean kitchen. This is challenging because I'm usually the first one in bed and this isn't always a priority for the late night snackers that I live with. We're going to work on this...

2. Make my coffee the night before and set the timer so it brews 30 minutes before I wake up. I love to wake up to the smell of coffee.

3. Play the guitar. Everyday. I enjoy playing so much but I let other things take precedence. Playing seems to make my stresses a lot more manageable.

4. Walk on the treadmill. Everyday. Or at least get some form of exercise. When I do this, I'm more mindful of other things I need to do to be healthy.

5. Blog. I just really like writing and taking photos and putting them all together right here in this space. It helps me sort things out.

So that's my list. If I did those 5 things more consistently, my life in general would be more manageable.

Wish me luck!!!

No comments: