Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Fog Is Lifting. . .

I think my post yesterday spurred me on to find a way out of the funk I've been in lately.  It's too early to tell, but I had a very productive day. 

First of all, I went to church.  I haven't done that much so that was definitely an accomplishment.  It was well worth getting up for- we had a room full of high school students from YM who were here for Midwinter, including Elsie and Hayley!!  It was great to see all of them and I was inspired by the young-ish man who played his guitar and led worship.  Other people make it look so easy and I want to be able to play like that so I just keep plugging away at it.  I came home and spent a couple of hours learning new songs.  It was good. 

We had a potluck after church and I had a chance to visit more with Scott and Katie and that was good.  I think Scott is a good fit for this place and time and it just might be worth my time to stop putting up walls and start re-engaging.  His preaching is a little too convicting, though. . . Today he was all, "live at peace with everyone. . . be humble. . . don't be prideful and judgemental. . . bless those who persecute you . . . focus on the right stuff. . . be a good example. . . "  I know, I know. . .

My girl stayed the night at Megan's for her birthday and showed up with the cutest hair-do.  I snapped a quick picture of the girls with Scott's and Katie's sweet toddler.  I've looked at this picture several times today and I'm struck by the way Gloria looks so nurturing; the way she's holding Maddox and the way her arm is draped protectively around Claudine's shoulder. . . I love these girls!  Megan turned 14 this week- time flies. . .


This afternoon I spent a little bit of time checking on Jeanie after her recent knee surgery and then came home and spent time with my guitar and on the treadmill (not at the same time- I haven't figured that out yet).  It was good.

And now, it's almost 9:30 and my house is (mostly) clean and I'm ready for tomorrow.  I've made a list of ways I can focus and stay on task so we'll see how well I apply it this week. 

For the first time in awhile, I'm looking forward to Monday. . .
 

No comments: