Saturday, December 20, 2008

Still More Birthday. . .

We could drag this birthday stuff on all month if we do it right! We celebrated with my side of the family on Sunday afternoon . . .

. . . with more cake. . .

. . . and more presents. . .


My sister always gives me very fun, thoughtful cards. . .

. . . and this year was no different. This is a picture of me when I was about Gloria's age with my best dog, Mitzi:
Everyone got in on the princess experience. . .

My mom planned a few games and explained to us that they were "children's games" so we should act accordingly. The two dads had no problem acting like children. . .





Although my mom and I were both very concerned that someone would get hurt. . .
. . . we both continued to walk around the mob taking pictures. . .
. . . all the while telling them to STOP before somebody gets hurt!!!!
Miraculously, no limbs were ripped off and no ribs were cracked in the process.

The next game proved to be much calmer. . .


The older boys were instructed to see who could build the tallest tower:


The younger kids, with the help of their fathers, had a contest to see who could build the best structure:

I guess you could say Gloria had the unfair advantage. . .





Just for the record, if there were a contest to see who could crunch the most numbers, Dave and Ethan would have won hands down. . .

No comments: