Monday, December 15, 2008

Gloria's Birthday. . .

I was shocked to realize today that Christmas is only 10 days away! I'm hopelessly behind on my blog and all of my Christmas preparations. Of course, I could say, "forget the blog" but something in me just can't!! :) Besides, way too many fun things have been happening not to blog about them!! So, I'll catch up as I can even if I'm blogging about Christmas in January!!


Gloria had a great birthday. It just happened to fall on horseback riding day and Grandma Jeanie picked her up from our house early so they could make cupcakes to share with the class.



They even had cute little horses on them.

McKenna came out with Grandma and Grandpa to watch Gloria ride the horses. She even had a chance to try it herself!!

It was really, really, really cold. . .

Gloria's doing a little bit better every week. . .

She takes it very seriously. . .
The class continues to do just about everything on their own:
Someday when Gloria is a world famous rodeo barrel racer, I can pull out this video and say I knew her when. . . :

Later in the day, Rob and I took her to the store to pick out a cake and whatever she wanted for dinner. I'm too cheap to buy a $20 cake and too inept in the kitchen to bake from scratch so we bought a mix and some canned frosting and Gloria had a great time mixing it up:

After eating her choice of a delicious (?) frozen pizza for dinner, we watched Prince Caspian and then frosted the cake. By this time, however, it wasn't her birthday anymore and we were all too tired to eat cake, so she made a wish and blew out her candles.
I'm pretty sure she wished for a horse. . .

No comments: