Monday, December 22, 2008

Baker Sock Party

Last year I gave a much better explanation for our sock party tradition than I'm planning to do now in the interest of time. Considering it is 1:07 a.m. on Christmas morning and I am still attempting to catch up my blog (because I'm weird that way), so if you really want more information, (?), click on the link and get the details!
This year, we decided to do a small gift for the person who's name we drew and we also brought a "white elephant" gift to exchange. My brother-in-law, Tony, doesn't seem to understand that a white elephant gift is supposed to be something useless to you that has been hanging around your house in need of a new home.

The reason I think he doesn't understand is that he crafted this beautiful Nativity scene by welding nuts, bolts and other misc hardware into these amazing shapes. Thankfully, I am the one who benefited from his handiwork!!

After the white elephant exchange, we opened the gifts:



I made Dick an album of the cabin animals that I photographed last New Year's. I can't wait to get up there again this year!!

Rob got Cody a cool guitar shirt:
Zach drew Marreen's name and filled her sock with pretty strange items . . .





After the gift opening, we posed for some family pictures. I think I got some pretty cute shots!!:

It's easy when the kids are this cute!!:


































Kelsey's self portraits:






Gloria and McKenna:





No comments: