Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Gloria's Party Part 2

During the sleep over the night before, Gloria and her guests (mostly Selena) tried to convince me that I should just drop them off at the mall and meet them a couple of hours later. Granted, Selena is almost 13 but Gloria and Megan are 10 and 9 respectively so there was no chance I was going to just leave them on their own in the mall (even though my own dislike of the mall made it very, very tempting. . . ). I told them I would make myself scarce but would be keeping them in sight the entire time. Selena sighed a great sigh but knew it was a losing battle. . .

They had fun trying on necklaces, hats and glasses. . .



. . . and, funny enough, all three of them kept trying to get my attention even as I was pretending not to know them!! Selena, especially, seemed very interested in my opinion on everything. . .





They made it very difficult for me to ignore them. . .







After getting the girls settled with their lunches, I sat down with my own lunch at a separate table. Selena immediately complained and begged me to sit with them!! I told her they might embarrass me and I'd just as soon sit by myself. . . It was good to know I wasn't as lame as Selena must have thought.


After lunch we headed for the Y to go swimming.











They had a great time at the pool and could have spent a few more hours enjoying the slides and the diving board but all good things must come to an end. I think I can safely say that Gloria's 10th birthday is officially over!!

No comments: