Monday, April 23, 2007

Monday, April 23, 2007

The Calm Before The Storm

April really has been quiet as far as events go. We had the Bogus event on April 1st and the rest of the month has been spent in maintenance of new and old equipment for the upcoming season. Things will be kicking into high gear at the end of this week with two shows on Friday, a stage set-up on Saturday and a concert on Sunday. And that's only the beginning. May is almost full of weekend events and June is packed nearly every Thursday-Sunday with very little time for recovery before the next event starts. It's all load-up, load-out, set-up, run the event, tear-down and load-out from this weekend until sometime in September. I'm trying not to be anxious about it, but I'm already stressing just a little bit. . .

Rob still has a bunch of cases to build. . .

. . . Dale finished sanding and refinishing the existing stages and continues to sand on the speakers. . .

. . . and the kids and I just keep trying to keep up. I try to make school a priority and so other things (like a clean house) go out the window, but we are mostly staying on schedule. Gloria checked a book out of the library on ballet and while she was reading through it today she recognized a picture of Louis the XIV and ran to show me. A few weeks ago we studied all about him in history. He was very artsy and performed in the ballet which gained him the nickname, The Sun King. I felt a deep sense of satisfaction that these details stuck in her mind!! I'm never sure what goes in one ear and out the other and what actually sticks. I had to pat myself on the back!

Zach tried (and failed) to teach Gloria how to play Risk today. I really need to make the time to play it with him.

Gloria spent quite a bit of the day admiring her post-braids curly hair:

Zach and Gloria read through Gloria's gymnastic library book and were amazed at how strong and limber the gymnasts were:




So, tonight as I'm uploading my pictures so I can post to my blog and go to bed, the kids were laughing their pants off and trying out one of the gymnastic moves they read about in the book. Of course I had to take a few pictures:

Getting ready:

Almost there:

One of many tumbles:
Trying again:

As close to what they were aiming for as possible:

The end!! (I can finally go to bed!!)


No comments: