Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Working With A Legend And Her Crew. . .

. . . wasn't all it was cracked up to be.



I like to think of my blog as a positive, uplifting place to be and I don't ever feel good about saying negative things about a person or a group of people partly because that's just mean and partly because I wouldn't want someone to Google their name and read something bad about themselves that I have written. Because that would be mean. So, I'm not going to mention any names here because, number 1, I don't want it to come up in a Google search, and number 2, I've already mentioned in the blog who we were working with so someone who comes here deliberately will know (or can find out) who I'm talking about.


All that to say, the weekend shows were successful as far as what we provided and the number of tickets that were sold but we were put through the ringer and treated like peons in the process. What I thought would be one of my most enjoyable concerts turned out to be one I'm more than happy to put behind me. On a positive note, no one made me cry and I never threw up even though I thought I might a few times. I must be getting acclimated to this industry. Finally.




I do have to say that the band members themselves were great to work with, especially the drummer.




I did enjoy listening to the opening act who tours with everyone from Allison Krauss to Robert Plant. Here's one of my favorite songs from his set:

And that's all I have to say about that. . .

No comments: