Monday, November 23, 2009

My Weekend In A Nutshell . . .

I had a very busy weekend. It wasn't busy with stages and speakers and lights, in fact there have been looong stretches between shows this month. Instead, it was FUN-busy with many of my favorite people.

On Friday night we spent another evening at my in-laws watching the BSU game with the Sacketts. I think Dick and Jeanie have enjoyed spending time with this family as much as I have!! We had a delicious spaghetti dinner complete with apple pie and Laura's chocolate cupcakes and then watched as BSU wiped up the field with USU (52-21). I must have been too busy snacking and cheering to take pictures but I do remember having a good time.


Jered arrived for a quick weekend visit late Friday night and the boys stayed up until about 5 a.m. playing Guitar Hero and catching up. It was great to see him, as usual!



On Saturday we had a youth event at the church with a special speaker from George Fox University. We played a bunch of games including one where my foot was on someone else's head at one point but I won't go into the details. . .


Brad played his guitar for the kids and then played with us during church on Sunday. I'm starting to warm up to the idea of having a pastor that's almost young enough to be my kid. ALMOST. . .


I ended up taking ALL of these kids home on Saturday night for a sleepover (minus Kristin, plus Gloria). . .


It was just like old times except that we really missed Elsie. I'm hoping that she'll get to make the trip next time. . .


On Sunday we celebrated Thanksgiving. Twice. The first time was our traditional all-church Thanksgiving dinner after the service on Sunday and the second one was with Rob's side of the family on Sunday evening. That's a LOT of turkey. And potatoes. And rolls! AND a lot of people that I'm thankful I have in my life.
Gloria and McKenna always have fun together and this time Gloria made McKenna a little cast.

Kenna made the rounds having it signed by everyone. . .



So many blessings. . .

No comments: