Thursday, November 12, 2009

No More Brace Face. . .

On Thursday, October 25th, 2007, I officially became a brace-face. I had spacing issues and hide-my-smile issues as well as some medical/dental issues so I took the leap and just had it done. 2 years and 15 days later, they came off. This is the very last picture ever taken of me with braces:
Gloria came along to watch the process and even took a few pictures while she was at it. It hurt! Gloria said there was a lot of blood. . .

She even held my hand when it got really bad!!

At the dentists' office, I was handed a small hand mirror so I could see the finished product, but I didn't get a very good look. On the way home, I stopped for gas and then went on my merry way. I couldn't help but try to see what 2 years of torture had accomplished so I kept looking in my rear view mirror to get a better look. I grinned and smiled and made all kinds of faces just to see the difference. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a guy in the passenger seat of the car next to me trying to get my attention. Apparently I hadn't put my gas cap back on and he was trying to point that out. It was a little embarrassing.
I finally got a good look at my teeth when I got home and was happy with the result. I have to say it was all worth it!!!

Here's my before picture:


And here's my after picture:


It's not completely over since I'll have to wear a lovely retainer for awhile but at least I can chew gum and eat apples again!!!

No comments: