Sunday, August 2, 2009

Vale, Day 2, Thursday. . .

Day 2 was pretty much the same as day 1. Hot, dusty, lots of work and not much fun.


We had all day to set up lights. . .









. . . and audio. . .



. . . so we were able to take a few breaks throughout the day to try to rejuvenate.


But it was still hot. And dusty.


And lots of work.

Tyler and Zach were the only "kids" at this event so they had a chance to just hang out a little bit . . .

My least favorite part of any of our set ups is when we crank up the lift stands. It always makes me a little nervous even though I know we take all the necessary safety precautions. . .

Fortunately, Tyler's family showed up just in time to help us crank it all up. We had 2 extra lift stands so it took 6 people to get the roof and speakers up in the air. . .


I handed my camera over to Bonnie, Tyler's mom, so I could actually have some pictures of this part of the set-up. . .







Father and son:

It was great having the extra help there and I think it was fun for Tyler to show his family how hard he works!!
Once everything is up I relax a little bit. . .



It's not a true "arena" set up but I'm still impressed with it. . .
It's not a party until the cops show up. . . He was very nice but had to respond to the complaints from the neighbors about how loud it was. We only had the music going for about a half an hour to make sure everything was working like it should but it was VERY loud.
At the end of the day we finally had a little time for fun. Zach bought Guitar Hero earlier in the week and hadn't even had time to take it out of the box. . .

We brought the screen and projector so we set the game right up on the stage . . .


I think it was a real treat for the boys to get to do this after 2 days of really hard work. . .

. . . Too bad we were all too tired to really enjoy it!!

The tour bus would be pulling in between 10 a.m. and noon the next day and we were ready. . . Mostly. . .

No comments: