Sunday, August 16, 2009

Thursday, August 13, Melba Set-Up, The Egyptian and Nampa Nights

Sometimes I feel like my blog is a broken record. We set up, we work, we take it all down. Repeat. Now that I'm on the third year of my blog, I should just link back to the previous years for the annual events instead of going on and on and on. . .


If you feel the need to skip the next few posts about Melba, you can skip to the ONE post I managed to squeeze the weekend into in 2008 right HERE.



This event in Melba in 2007 still haunts me so I won't be linking back to it. . .



Anyway, we were out in Melba very early after very little sleep. . .



We did the same thing we've been doing all summer. . .




blah, blah, blah. . .



blah, blah, blah. . .



blah, blah, blah. . .




We set up everything we could by early afternoon and Rob and Tyler left for a Steve Earle concert at The Egyptian. Obviously I wasn't there to take pictures so here is a Youtube video. The show was a success with a good turn out. . .
The rest of us went into Nampa to take care of Nampa Nights. . .


The band was The Flavors and Gloria has made friends with the daughter of the lead singer over our years of running Nampa Nights and it was fun to watch her sing with her dad. . .


It would have been just another Nampa Nights except that Laura came out with her sister and the boys. It was a real treat other than the fact that I was so exhausted by that time that I was really poor company. I hope they'll come out again so I can show them around a bit. Laura wrote about the experience here.




I was just glad to have the evening over with so I could get a few hours of sleep before heading out to Melba to set up lights and audio for the Friday night concert.