Saturday, August 2, 2008

Paradise

Our event in Garden Valley couldn't have come at a better time. I thought June was crazy and that we couldn't get busier, but July turned out to be even crazier. It's been interesting but tiring and I was more than ready to kick back and take a little breather. After a late night set-up, we still had things to do at the festival so Rob and Kurt headed back at 7:30 a.m.! I slept in. I felt a little guilty but I got over it. When the kids and I did get up, we had some french toast and went out to enjoy the fresh air. It was lovely!















The girls and I took a walk down the road, up the hill and across the bridge. . .

. . . and waded through the river back to the cabin.

When the guys came back, they brought the canopy down to the river and we all took a well-deserved break!



The kids had fun splashing in the river and playing in the goopy mud nearby.














Later in the day we pumped up the rafts and floated the river. When we finally arrived back at the cabin after several hours of floating, everyone but me wanted to go a little further. I agreed to pick them all up at the bridge a little further down which gave me a chance to grab my camera and take some pictures. It was just gorgeous! This part of the river is actually pretty calm and shallow so it took everyone awhile to get to the bridge.

The boys came around the bend first. . .







Kurt was close behind. . .



. . . and then we waited on the bridge for Rob and the girls.



When they finally came around the bend. . .

. . . they were begging to go even further. . .



They begged and pleaded to go further . . .

. . . but it was getting late so I had to be the bad guy and make them get out. They did get their way when they got back to the cabin. They dropped me off to make dinner and they went back up the river for more. . .



After dinner, Zach got out the Wii and we had a little more fun. . .
















It was a beautiful day at the cabin!

No comments: