Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Monday was another long day. Rob was tied up for a big chunk of the day at his once/month meeting that he sets up and records for the Community Planning Assoc. We had phone calls to return, plans to make and cases to finish. It's never-ending. . .

Finishing a case has always been the toughest part. It's the most time-consuming and tedious part of the case. The foam has to be cut to very specific sizes and glued into the case very precisely in order to offer the best protection for the equipment inside.

Rob is very good at this and he has a reputation for building very strong cases with perfect detail. The company that ordered these cases didn't want to go anywhere else even if they had to pay significantly more for these.

I helped with the cases as much as I could but most of it is a one person job. Besides, I had committed to a movie night at the church so I packed up the car and set it up myself. It wasn't too difficult even though we had to set it up twice. The first time, Zach and I set it up outside with a screen but when it was time for the movie to start, the weather didn't cooperate so everyone helped move it inside.
I was too tired to take many pictures. . .

After the movie the kids and I went back to the shop. Rob had made a little progress but there was still a lot left to do. I think he was distracted by women's volleyball. . .

By the time we finished cutting and gluing in the final pieces. . .

. . . it was 3 a.m.

I'll be glad to see these cases loaded onto a truck and shipped far, far away. . .

No comments: