Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Day After. . .

I woke up way too early on Saturday morning and couldn't get back to sleep. I finally decided to go hang out in my "clean", quiet family room and work on my blog. I quietly went to the kitchen and made some coffee so as not to disturb the sleeping boys in my living room when I realized someone was missing. Zach was not in his sleeping bag. He was not in his room or in the bathroom. Turns out, he woke up early, too, and went to work on his new Star Wars Lego! We spent a quiet hour and a half, just the two of us, "working" in the family room!
He doesn't really play with his Legos anymore but he really enjoys putting them together and setting them out for display. He has quite a collection.

When the boys woke up around 9:00, I fed them breakfast and went in my bathroom to take a shower when I found THIS crawling on my mirror!!!:

I'm pretty sure we vacuumed up his home before the party and he was coming out to eat one of us alive for disturbing him!! I haven't yet identified him but I've never seen a spider like it! Unfortunately, he had to take a swim in the toilet. . .

All good things must come to an end and Jered had to leave so we took a few good group shots before he left:





Zach finished up his project before I got back home. . .

Pretty cool. . .

Megan and Gloria entertained each other all afternoon. . .

Hayden came back over later in the day to hang out. The kids all did great and even let me take a little, much needed nap!!

I've felt a little nostalgic about my baby turning 16. . . Of course, it makes me feel old. . . It feels like time is flying by way too fast. . . But I'm proud of the way he's turning out. . . I think he'll be really good at taking care of me when I'm an old lady. . . Isn't that the point of raising kids??

No comments: