Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Mall and A Driving Lesson

Gloria has been saving her money for awhile with a new Build-a-Bear in mind. With her own savings and the money that I owed her (chores and bribes), she was able to buy a monkey and two new outfits today.

I'm trying to be a better mother (in spite of the bribes) by not only taking Gloria to the mall, but by not rushing her while we're there. So often I find myself saying, "Hurry up, we gotta go!!" So today, I just let her take her time even though I was ready to leave after about two minutes. So many choices. . .

Brushing and fluffing are very important. . . take your time. . .

Deciding on a name wasn't as difficult as I thought it might be. She has been missing Ashlie Breshears something terrible, so it wasn't surprising to me when she named her new monkey AshlieB.

I really should get some kind of an award- I made it through the entire process without once telling her to hurry up!! We even sat in the food court and enjoyed a leisurely lunch. Zach is obviously not enjoying this as much as Gloria!

We made it home just in time to pick up the neighbor kids and head to church for quizzing, Kid's Club and youth group. Tonight at Kid's Club, Carrie and Aaron shared their experiences with mission trips. The kids were all very interested and asked a million questions.

Carrie and Aaron brought pictures and coins from the different places they have visited. The kids took it all in and I'm sure a few seeds were planted. . .

After church, we dropped off Allie and Calvin and I decided to give Zach a driving lesson. I've kind of been dreading this inevitable milestone but I can see some of the benefits. While he was carefully driving around the block I had visions of sending him to get me a Diet Pepsi or going to the grocery store or taking Gloria to the mall. . . . all while I stay comfortably at home. . . I think we might almost be ready for this!!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Congratulations, you did it! You can now call yourself a "Mall Mom." How jealous was Rob? I know that he is normally the "Mall Mom".