Sunday, October 28, 2007

Denial

On Saturday I spent a huge chunk of time sorting Gloria's stuff. She has way too much stuff. I convinced her to part with some of it, but I'm still working on the rest. I dumped out every bucket and tote and drawer and box and sorted everything into groups: barbies, pet shop toys, horses, babies, baby clothes, even tiny little Barbie shoes got their own little drawer. On Sunday evening, I got to enjoy the fruits of my labor. These two were able to find every little thing they needed for hours and hours of fun:



The boys spent a lot of time working on the maze and wrestling snakes. . .

. . . and lizards:

I haven't posted anything about the "big decision" this family is making because I'm totally in denial. I know I'll have to come out eventually, but it just wrenches my heart to think about not having these kids over to my house on Sunday afternoons and for Friday night sleepovers and . . . back into denial. . . .


It was a very fun evening.

No comments: