Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tuesday was pretty quiet. The dogs took the kids for a walk:

We finished school and went to the shop at a reasonable hour. There is plenty of work to do, but not a lot of energy to do it with, so after a couple of hours, the four of us went to Merritts Cafe and had finger steaks and scones. Yum!

Rob went back to the shop and I took the kids to Walmart so they could look at Halloween stuff. Zach has been planning out his haunted maze for a couple of weeks now and is becoming just a little bit obsessive about it!!

When we were almost ready to check out, I suddenly got a terrible headache that felt like sharp knives were being pounded into my skull. I've had a tooth that has been bothering me all summer so I narrowed down the problem pretty quickly. I took a couple of Advil that were in my purse but the pain just got worse and worse. I'm pretty sure I scared the kids just a little bit as the pain started to send me into a panic. I was able to find some Ora-jel after much frantic searching and that helped ease the pain enough to get us checked out and in the car. The pain came back with a vengance when we got to the van and drove home. The kids took great care of me when we got home- Zach put away all the groceries and Gloria turned down the covers of my bed and brushed my hair which always makes me feel better. I finally called Rob to come home because the pain was so bad. He's been urging me to go to the dentist all summer and now I have no choice!! :( I was finally able to fall asleep, sitting up, around 3 a.m. I can't remember my head ever hurting so much and I'm more than ready to go to the dentist!

No comments: