Monday, September 3, 2007

Rambling

School starts tomorrow. Summer went by so quickly but I'm glad it's over. I've been craving a routine. I've made my lists and charts and my "Grand Plan" and now I'm ready to jump in with both feet. Problem is, I'm the only one in my family that feels this way. I'm well aware that it won't look like I'd like it to look for (at least) two reasons: 1. Life is messy and 2. Owning a business comes with a large amount of unpredictability. Besides the fact that we are all night owls and it is very difficult to shift into earlier hours. Been there done that. Rob will keep the same hours- roughly 10 a.m. to midnight for work, in bed by 2. I'll consider myself lucky if the kids are in bed each night by midnight so Zach can start school by 9 a.m. and Gloria can start by 10 a.m. It really wouldn't matter what time they started IF I didn't have afternoon responsibilities. My "plan" is to leave the house everyday by 3:00 p.m. to go to the shop so I won't fall any further behind than I already am. Besides that, my "school brain" turns off at 3:00. I feel sorry for kids who learn all day and then have to come home to hours and hours of homework. I know I did it in school and survived it, but my brain turns to mush after 7 hours of schoolwork. It could be that I'm constantly transitioning between lower grade work and middle to highschool work. Beginning times tables one minute, algebraic operations with Scientific Notation the next. Anyway, I'm excited for the new school year and I'm determined to give it my best shot and to keep distractions to a minimum. Wish me luck. . . .

No comments: