Sunday, September 9, 2007

Today was a big day at church. For the first time in 20 years I played the piano for a church service. Before I met Rob, I played the piano all the time. I accompanied myself every time I sang in church and even played occasionally for other people. Then I met Rob and gave it all up. It's not his fault, I just didn't need to play anymore. I've always loved to play the piano but it has taken a back seat for years and years. I've been feeling more and more drawn to it lately and knew the time was coming. I was nervous, but it went OK. Today was also promotion Sunday. This is another one of the things on my list that I'm happy to check off. The Ed Committee has been meaning to do this for a couple of years and we finally made it happen. Actually, Allison made it happen and I was a support person. It was lovely. We even threw in a teacher appreciation moment for good measure. (Two things to check off the list!!)

After church I took the girls on an adventure. It's so hard to find a restaurant anymore that takes checks and since Rob had the debit card, we had to try a few places before we decided on Johnny Carinos. It was a new place for all of us and the service was great. The girls ate more of my fettuccine than I did!




In the evening, we went to Storey Park to celebrate my nephew's birthday:





















It wouldn't be a family party without Rob torturing Kelsey:

We were home by 8:00 and I went to bed at 9:30.

No comments: