Thursday, January 11, 2007

January 11, 2007

Today was one of those days that gives meaning to the title, "My Crazy Beautiful Life". Some days it's crazier than it is beautiful, though. It started yesterday evening when the customer whose current case order was scheduled to be picked up Friday morning called and said they would be sending someone to pick it up THURSDAY morning. They didn't care that it would be nearly impossible to have it ready, they HAD to have two huge DJ cases in Sun Valley by Thursday evening. Rob compromised and said he could have them done by 4 pm IF he and Dale worked through the night. Now had this happened BD (before Dale) it would have been ME working through the night with Rob (and the cases would not have been finished) but since it's AD, I got to go home and be in bed, asleep by 1 am. Dale and Rob did get a little shut-eye in the wee hours but when I got to the shop at 10 this morning they were still going strong. I fixed them some breakfast to sustain them and they scarfed it down and went back to work. When the driver arrived around 5:00, the cases were miraculously finished and ready to go but someone had planned poorly and there was no room on the truck. The driver said, "No big deal, we'll have one of the trucks that's going up tomorrow pick it up". . . stunned silence. . . then Rob says exasperatedly, "there are trucks going up tomorrow????" Anyway, to make an already long story less long, there are trucks going up tomorrow, but these particular cases are needed tonight. So. . . Rob and Dale are personally delivering the cases right now as I type.












In the interim between finishing the cases and leaving for Sun Valley, I found the beautiful part of my crazy life. We are officially moving into a new building where I will have light and space and cleanliness!!!!! The landlady dropped off the key yesterday afternoon and this evening we moved a table over, ordered pizza, and ate dinner in our new space. The building is in the same block space our warehouse is in now and we will be using it as our office/meeting space. We'll keep the warehouse that we have but I will rarely have to visit it!














And now back to our regular programming. . .

This tent is in my living room. I'm kind of anti-tent. I like when my kids are creative, but I hate the mess that it makes and the length of time it needs to stay up in order to make it "worth it". So, I haven't decided if this brings me joy or not!!!





Zach and Gloria in the tent








Gloria January 11, 2007












Zach January 11, 2007












No comments: