Thursday, January 4, 2007

January 4, 2007



January 4, 2007
We went to the laundromat today. My washer is on the fritz and I had already put it off too long. It's hard to find joy at the laundry mat but since I'm taking pictures of things that bring me joy, this picture fits. Gloria brings me joy. Even in the midst of dirty clothes and and pay washers, she brightened my gray day. She was a huge help- she poured detergent, transferred clothes from the rolling basket to the dryer, watched the timers and sorted socks. As a reward, I gave her lots of quarters for the gum ball machines. Who knew you could find a fabulous laser pointer with interchangeable tips (including a butterfly, an SOS sign and a no-smoking symbol) in a 75 cent laundromat gumball machine!!!





Gloria shooting her laser light at the back wall.









Gloria and her gumball machine treasures!!














Zach January 4, 2007 This picture leads to two more that I just have to include!!














Zachary has always been interested in art and has filled a dozen sketch books over the years. We gave him a book on drawing faces from photos for Christmas and this is his first drawing from these lessons.









This scan does not do the picture justice, but here is the finished sketch.



1 comment:

Gregg Koskela said...

I'm so glad you're doing this!! I've been waiting...

I love the picture of all of you at the cabin...it makes me miss all of you great people and wish that I was there. I LOVE the picture of Gloria on the washing machine, and what you wrote.

Thanks for being my friend! I hope we see you all in person soon, but until then, thanks for the pics.