Sunday, October 9, 2011

Youth Sunday. . .

One week ago, today, the youth at church were in charge of the entire Sunday service.  Kristin got the ball rolling and the kids scooped it up and ran with it!!  They did a great job!!

The morning started with a couple of songs led by Steph, Zach and The Girls. . .

Next, the boys (young men) put on a skit that they wrote themselves.  I don't have any pictures, but this is the actual script:

ACTORS:
Cade - person seeking God
Zach - food pantry volunteer
Jordan- Facebook Friend
Andrew - 1st McDonald’s employee
Ian- 2nd McDonald's employee
Etienne - Homeless Man

Scene 1:
(It is morning, and Cade has woken up and and has started reading the bible.)

Cade: Alright God, today I will spend all day waiting for you to tell me what to do with my life.

(Cade sits staring into space, glancing around the room, occasionally flipping a page in the bible or squeezing his eyes shut.)

(The phone rings. Cade irritatedly throws his arms in the air. Then looks down at his bible and quickly looks up. He grabs his phone and answers-)
 Cade: Hello? Is it you God?

Zach: Um, no, it's Bill.

Cade: Oh...

Zach: Yeah... Anyway, today me and Bobby are going to volunteer for a big event at the Food Pantry to feed the Homeless! We also get to minister to them as well. Last year we helped over 50 people come to Christ!

Cade: Oh, that sounds great... But I'm waiting to hear from God today. So, maybe another time?

Zach: Oh, yeah sure... I'll see you later then-

Cade: Bye.

Zach: Bye...


(Cade returns to what he was doing, spacing off, looking bored.)
(His laptop dings)
Cade: Ooh, a notification on my Facebook!
Jordan posted on my wall...


Jordan: (types in the air) . . .

Cade: (reading)"The harvest is plenty, but the workers are few. Therefore ask the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest field." Luke 10:2. 
Harvest, huh? That reminds me, I'm starving. Mcdonalds sounds good.

(Cade gets in his "car" and drives to Mcdonalds.)
Andrew: Welcome to McDonalds, how are you today?

Cade: Whatever. I want two double bacon cheeseburgers and a twenty piece nugget meal. With a coke. Oh, and no pickles on the burgers.

Andrew: Alright will that be all for-
Cade: Yes, that's it.

Andrew: Ok, that will be $5.00 at the next window, thank you.
(Cade pulls up behind the car in front of him.) (He honks his horn.)

Cade: Hurry up! I'm trying to hear from God!
(Cade pulls up to window)
 

Ian: Here you go.

Cade: There are pickles on these burgers! I said no pickles! You teenage kids know nothing!

Ian: I'm sorry about that sir, I'll get that fixed right away.


(Cade gets the right food and drives away.)

Cade: See God, this is what I have to put up with down here! Can’t you just give me a sign?
(He drives past a homeless guy with a sign reading, HOMELESS, ANYTHING HELPS.)

Cade: Get a job, bum!

(Etienne watches him drive pass)

Etienne: Ahhh, I'm gonna go down to that Food Pantry place. Those people really care about me.

THE END.

After the skit, we watched this slideshow:


Steph led the "Joys and Concerns" segment. . .

Andrew read the scripture. . .

We had more great music:


And, last but not least, my kid preached. . .

Here is the two-part sermon on video- the very beginning and a little bit in the middle are cut out due to a faulty videographer but the message is clear:




He's no Bill Hybels, but I think I got more out of it. . .

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Aww man I miss these beautiful souls. They are good reminders of what a church really is.

Miss you as well Tanya. Lots! <3