Tuesday, October 11, 2011

It's That Time Again. . .

It seems like we just arrived home from the final quiz meet of the last season and the new season is already here!!  We've been practicing on Wednesday nights for the last month and we head over to Sherwood, OR for the first meet this Friday. 

Things have changed.  Not in a bad way.  The biggest change is that Zach is no longer a quizzer.  He is, however, a quiz coach!  He's putting his leadership skills and past quizzing experience to work and coaching the middle school team.  Another change is the number of kids that are quizzing this year.  We have both a high school and a middle school team with a total of 9 quizzers!!  Everyone is working hard to learn the material and I think it's going to be a good season! 

Last Wednesday, I had the kids draw out the passage as I read it and then explain their drawing to everyone else. . .

Morgan gets extra credit for "drawing" in Spanish. . .

All of the quizzers are very artistic so throwing in the drawing element helps to cement the material in their minds.  I hope. . .

I'm coaching the high school team again but we'll be missing some of the high school quizzers this weekend so the two that are going will be added to other teams.  It will be the first meet in a long time that I won't be tagging along with my team keeping score and cheering them on.  Just think of all the pictures I'll be able to take. . .

No comments: