Monday, March 2, 2009

Just Dessert. . .

I've always considered myself a little challenged when it comes to cooking and baking. It's really Rob's fault but that's a story for another day. . . Anyway, each of the kids on my quiz team were asked to contribute something to the dessert auction fundraiser that will raise money so that the team can travel to the final quiz meet. I considered just buying a dessert for Zach to contribute but that seemed pretty lame. I racked my brain and googled fun desserts but just couldn't find anything that would be fun, easy and inexpensive. I finally just asked Zach's opinion and he wanted to decorate a cake. Good idea! So we baked two 9x13 sheet cakes and put them together on a large surface. Zach drew out his plan and got to work. Here's how it turned out, bit by bit:









It's a Jesus cake!!!:

Believe me, I didn't contribute one bit of the creativity that went into this cake. I would have just turned it into something easy like the tablets with the 10 commandments. It took him almost 5 hours but he stuck with it and enjoyed the process. I know who'll be in charge of birthday cakes around here from now on!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is amazing. Does he know that most people have to go to all kinds of classes to pull a cake like that off? Anyway, I will say prayers for all of you that are going to the quiz meet. I miss you.
Love,
Lori