Thursday, March 12, 2009

Good. . .

Today was a good day. There were a number of things that happened that put a smile on my face throughout the day. First, when I signed on to the computer this morning to check my e-mail, I saw an ad for the laptop I've had my eye on and it was $150 cheaper for one day only, putting it within reach of our pre-determined budget amount. So I bought it. That was fun. Then I took Zach back to the doctor who said he's responding very well to the antibiotics and is much, much better. A huge relief. When I got home I took Emma for a walk and mapped out my 5K route so I can start "training". Pretty unbelievable, but true. And then, we went to horse lessons. . .

. . . And the sun was shining!! That really made me smile. . .

Next week will be the last regular lesson so the kids have been practicing for a final game day in the big arena. They have learned several race-type games during the last 6 months and they will have a friendly competition at the final lesson.






The horse Gloria rides, Buttons, is not a big fan of trotting. She prefers to walk. Slowly. The horse she's competing against here is my Cookie who loves to trot. I love Cookie. . . She always makes me smile. . .


While I've enjoyed all of the lessons over the last 6 months, there was something about the sunshine, the conversations, the relaxed atmosphere and the accomplishments of the kids that made today's lesson really stand out in my mind as a good, good day. I've even decided that at some point in the near future I'm going to take a few lessons myself!! Shocking, I know. . .


Later in the day, I dropped by the shop to pick up a few things and Rob decided we should take the 4-wheelers for a short ride. There is a canal bank behind the shop that will have to serve as a temporary trail until we're able to find a "real" trail. . .

It was fun. . .

No comments: