Monday, March 16, 2009

Field Trip. . .

The kids are finally feeling better after taking about a week and a half off from school. Today we managed to finish most of our school work by early afternoon so we headed to one of my favorite places EVER: The Library!:


The sky was a little overcast but it was a beautiful, spring-like day so after the library we walked a short distance to the greenbelt on The Boise River. . .


I didn't have a chance to scope out a running route on Saturday like I had planned so I took the time to study the map and make a plan for this weekend. . .


Turns out the zero mile marker is right under the old bridge next to the library.
From this point there are 4 different trails that are clearly marked in half mile increments. . .



After scoping out the trail situation we spent some time exploring the Anne Frank Memorial that sits between The Library and the greenbelt. . .

It's an amazing memorial. . .

I love this part of Boise. . .

It was a lovely way to spend the afternoon after being cooped up for way too long. I'll close this post with a relevant quote that is engraved on a stone in the middle of the memorial:

No comments: