Thursday, March 26, 2009

Emma Vs. Lucy

The dogs are really enjoying this exercise phase I'm going through. I can't take them at the same time because they just mess around so I've been making them take turns. As soon as they see me getting my tennis shoes on in the morning, they both run for their leashes and pace excitedly until I'm ready to go. On the days that I walk, I take Emma. I've tried to run with her but she has a tendency to stop short and I have a tendency to trip so it's just safer to take a nice, long walk when I'm with her. She's one of those dogs that needs to stop and smell the roses (and the hydrant and the grass and the garbage can) so I try to just enjoy the scenery with her.




Lucy, on the other hand, is very focused and aware. Emma looks down, Lucy looks around. I feel much safer when I'm out with Lucy. It's almost like she understands what I'm trying to do and she helps me set and keep a good running pace. She's rarely distracted and I think she would do her best to protect me if she needed to. She's the perfect running mate!



We've settled into a pretty nice routine and both dogs have added something to my workouts that is unique and interesting. Besides, they get me going in the morning so it's kind of like having two personal trainers at my beck and call!!

No comments: