Sunday, March 8, 2009

Bearfoot

We made it home from the quiz trip in one piece so while I'm putting together my post about the last meet of the season, I'll post a clip of what Rob and Kurt got to do while I was gone. Even though I had fun on the trip and don't regret going one bit, I do regret missing this event. I've gotten kind of attached to this genre of music lately and it sounds like this was an amazing concert. These are videos I found on YouTube since, obviously, I missed the show. . . The name of the group is Bearfoot and they are originally from Alaska.



Kurt recorded a CD off of the live mix that turned out beautifully crisp and clear. Rob played it for me when I got home and I know I'll enjoy listening to it and pretending I was there to hear it live. . . This is one of my favorite songs so far. It has such an interesting message I had to include the lyrics below:



In Tall Buildings
By John Hartford, 1976


Someday, my baby, when I am a man,


and other's have taught me the best that they can


they'll buy me a suit and cut off my hair


and send me to work in tall buildings



And it's goodbye to the flowers, goodbye to the dew goodbye to sunshine and


goodbye to you


I'm off to the subway I must not be late


I'm going to work in tall buildings


When I retire and life is my own


I paid all my debts and it's time to go home


and wonder what happened betwixt and between


when I went to work in tall buildings


and it's goodbye to the flowers goodbye to the dew


goodbye to sunshine and goodbye to you


I am off to the subway I must not be late


I'm going to work in tall buildings

No comments: