Thursday, October 2, 2008

Legendary Rhythm and Blues

I looked at my calender today and estimated that I listened to (set up for. . . ) about 80 bands (well, musical groups) from January to September this year, give or take a few and with a few repeats. . . I've even enjoyed most of them. But Tuesday night, honestly, was probably my favorite concert of the year. I've probably said that before (and meant it) but our show at the Egyptian was really good. There were bits and pieces that were definitely NOT good but, for the most part, I really enjoyed myself. The group was Tommy Castro and the Legendary Rhythm and Blues Revue . This is a group of amazing musicians that travel together and put on a 4-plus hour show with a spontaneous jam session at the end. There were at least 10 musicians in the headlining band and we also had to set up for a 4 piece opening band! The stage was quite full:

Unfortunately, my camera does not focus well in The Egyptian so the pictures aren't so great. . .

This picture is of Tommy Castro out entertaining the crowd:

The crowd was litterally dancing in the aisles!!


Our friends at The Egyptian take good care of us and they let Gloria hang out in the closet!! (It reminded me of when I was little and my parent's owned a drive-in and I would sit in the back and eat frozen french fries!! But I guess that's a story for another day!!)


The best part of the whole evening was listening to (and then meeting) Deanna Bogart. She was amazingly talented and very nice. I could have listened to 4 hours of just her with her keyboard and saxophone. . . amazing!

This is a (long!) Youtube video of the group traveling together. It's kind of interesting. . .

No comments: