Thursday, May 10, 2007

May 10, 2007

We had our last ISATs today at the resource center. We have been part of a charter school for the last three years and I made the decision not to enroll again next year. We'll be back on our own. Yay!! The first two years were great but this year was very oppressive. Next year they are "tightening the reins" even more and while I understand why they have to do this, it just isn't the right educational choice for our family. We're all very happy with our decision.


We don't officially "do" school on test days, but the kids are often involved in "educational activities" anyway. They made these drawings while I was off helping Rob. I had to copy them since they gave the originals to grandma. The first two are Gloria's:


By Zach:





Rob is running sound tonight for a gospel-opry group. He's using the existing sound system in a newer high school and it has a few problems. I spent a little bit of time helping him, but he is mostly on his own. (Note to Lori- this is the same gospel group we ran at the Nazarene church last year. Rob told me he was going to call you to come and help him because he knows how much fun it was for you last time!!!)




Rob's mom and dad came and picked up the kids for a movie night with their cousins. I had the whole house to myself for the whole evening. It was lovely.

No comments: