Saturday, May 12, 2007

Saturday at the Y

When Gloria took swimming lessons over Spring Break, she recieved a "full facility pass" for herself and 4 friends to the YMCA at some future date. That date turned out to be today!!

She especially wanted to go off the high dive, so we went to the West Y. This was the first time I've seen her do this, so it was a lot of fun. I'm more resolved than ever to get her on a swim team. She's a great little swimmer:


There were 3 boys and 3 girls and most of the time they played really well together. I'm not exactly sure what Gloria's problem was in this picture!!


I love this picture:


I think everybody had a good time:




After swimming, I took everybody home and went to the church to practice. Gary set up the sound and we had a really quick and easy run through. Rob hurt his finger pretty bad on Wednesday playing soccer, so I'm hoping he'll be able to play the piano tomorrow.


And then. . . I saw the future. Rob had been keeping an eye on a spool of cable at the auction off and on all day and so we went to the auction after practice to see how close they were to start the bidding on the ONE thing he needed. When we got there, I wandered off to the other end to see if there was anything interesting over there and when I came back, I found this:

That's Rob in the middle in the blue and gray. He is surrounded by buckets and boxes and tubs of gazillions of nuts and bolts and fittings and you-name-it. He seemed to be the expert on all of this stuff and the auctioneer was getting the auction description based on Rob's assessment. That's when I knew I was seeing the future. When Rob is 65-70, he'll be spending all of his time at the auction: sitting in his lawn chair with his John Deere hat, his auction number prominently displayed in the hat band. . . bidding on things he'll never use, but will love to possess. . . but at least he'll be out of my gray hair every Saturday!!!

He did win his cable for a really good price and just couldn't help himself at $2/box for these rusty nuts and bolts:


No comments: