Saturday, May 5, 2007

May 5, 2007

I'm becoming more and more aware lately of the importance of the people in my life. I'm working on simplifying as much as possible so that I can spend more time with people and less time on things. Maybe I'm just getting old, but time has just flown by and I'm very aware that "some day" has to be right now. If I don't plan to make things happen, life will just happen and I will miss out on what really matters. That being said, the kids and I went to my mom's and dad's house this evening just to hang out. The kids asked several times, "Why are we going to grandma's??" They enjoy going to grandma's house but we usually have a specific reason for going. My parent's live 15 minutes away and we only see them on birthdays and holidays. I want to make the time while I can to hang out with them because I can. My sister brought her two kids over, too, and we tried to watch "Night At The Museum" but it was pretty difficult with all the noise going on. It was good noise, though, so it was OK.


My mom bought these Saint Patrick's Day hats way back in March so she could take seasonal pics of the kids, but we were too busy (sigh. . .) to have ours taken at the time. Better late than never!!




My mom with the grand kids:

My dad with the grand kids:

Gloria and Spencer are very similar. Tonight I convinced Gloria to rap for grandma and grandpa and Spence was more than happy to join her:





No comments: