Monday, May 28, 2007

Monday

Way back in the summer of 1987 when Rob and I were still in the "courtship phase", I set a precedent that still haunts me today: I packed the ball bearings on the brakes of his Ford Courier pick-up. I totally volunteered for the job, trying to impress him, of course, and I sat on the ground, in the dirt beside him, covered with grease. If I could do it all over again, I'd go the girly-girl route and say, "Ooh, gross!! I have to go paint my nails." Over the years, I've been beside him under many a car hood up to my elbows in ick. To think, if I would have gone the girly-girl route, I might have perfectly manicured hands today. . .

We replaced the water pump on the van today:


Gloria watched Miss Universe and is practicing her poses:

Zach watched Miss Universe, too. . . .

No comments: