Monday, May 21, 2007

May 21

This is the booby prize that Zach won at retreat. He answered the least amount of questions correctly on the Who-Did-What game and won this fabulous whatever-it-is. He and Gloria spent some time decorating whatever-it-is with Apple Jacks this morning.
There is a whole lot going on right now with Dale's wedding coming up and a very busy summer sound schedule. I'm trying not to fret about stuff but right now I'm losing the battle!! I'm clinging to Psalm 23: The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. You are with me. Your rod and Your staff-they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You annoint my head with oil. My cup overflows. Surely, goodness and mercy will follow me- all the days of my life. And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
I recite this to myself over and over some nights while I go to sleep. Elsie recited this up at camp this weekend and I'm sure I must have been about the same age when I learned this by heart. Some days I can't remember my phone number, but this chapter is etched on my soul and it brings immeasurable comfort.

No comments: