Thursday, May 3, 2007

May 2, 2007

This morning Rob went shopping for new soccer shoes. Now, if I needed new shoes, I would dash into Walmart or Payless Shoes and grab the nearest pair of shoes in my size that met my current shoe requirements (more or less). I might try them on, I might not. Rob, on the other hand, usually goes to several different stores and tries on dozens of pairs of shoes and then goes back to the first store before heading back to the last store to try on a dozen of the pairs of shoes again before finally making a decision. His mom took him shoe shopping once way back when we were first dating and I'm amazed that I still married him. It was an all-day ordeal!! I thought it would be fun to tag along but for someone who hates to shop and steers clear of the mall at all costs, it was torture. After that experience, we generally don't shop together. He has bigger and better fish to fry these days so he limits his shoe shopping and today he limited himself to just one store. Gloria, I'm afraid, has inherited the shopping gene from her father. She wanted to look at everything in the store and she was sure she needed new shoes. Gloria LOVES shoes. She really doesn't like to wear them, she just likes to possess them. She found several pairs in the store that she just couldn't live without.
Of course, mean old mom didn't give in to any of her pleas and justifications:
I really do feel sorry for her. . .

We had another soccer game tonight. Blame it on the new shoes, I guess, but we lost again.






The youth group went bowling tonight. I picked Zach up at the bowling alley and took a few pictures while they were finishing up:

Andrew Steve

Shawn Jered

Stephy Alyssa

It was fun watching everyone bowl. Zach rolled a strike just as I took his picture!!!


No comments: