Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day 2007

I have such thoughtful and creative kids!! (I can brag here because it's my blog and it's all about me!!) They surprised me with a Mother's Day video. They spelled out MOM with their bodies and wished me a Happy Mother's Day. They also made coupon books for me to redeem when needed. Very sweet!!
At church this morning, there was a special time of dedication for the Ritchie family. They are very important to the life of this church and very much appreciated. Gil and Louise stood up for them as "mom" and "dad" and blessed them. Shawn talked about the importance of the church family standing in support of them and being a family to them and their children. It was a good reminder of how important it is to me to be a part of a loving and accepting church family.
Lori ran sound (and did a great job!!!) and took these 2 pictures from the balcony. Rob was able to play ok but was in quite a bit of pain. He needs to go to the doctor so he doesn't end up with permanent damage!!!


After church we went to Municipal Park for a picnic with my side of the family. We had lunch and played a game of Bocce Ball. It's a great game that everyone can play and even the youngest kids can win a round once in awhile.

I love this picture of my dad with the four grand kids walking back from the playground:


My mom, my sister, Gloria and me:


This is a picture of all the moms at the picnic (except Gloria, of course!). Pictured L to R is Carol (Shelly's husbands brother's significant other), Me and Gloria, Shelly (my sister), Karen (my mom) and Rena (Shelly's mother-in-law). I don't think Rena cared to have her picture taken but we didn't give her a choice!!


After the picnic we headed to another park to celebrate Mother's Day with Rob's mom and family as well as my little niece's' 2nd birthday.

The kids had fun chasing M. around this great playground:

We went back to Rob's parents house to open gifts and eat again. She is such a cutie!!!

When we got home, Rob went to work on a bunch of home projects that have been neglected for a long time. He and Zach mowed and cleaned up in the back yard, we moved everything out of the garage/family room and laid carpet (HUGE job) AND he hung the blinds on the back window that Gil and Louise gave me about a year ago. It was a lot of work, but very satisfying to sit back and admire our accomplishments!! It was a very nice Mother's Day.

No comments: