Friday, December 28, 2012

Julia....AKA, Go Big or Go Home. . .

In my last post I said I am planning to post one picture each day.  Obviously, that doesn't include this one.  I also noted that I get bogged down in the details and that keeps me from posting things that are important.  Well, this post will prove what a dysfunctional blogger I am. . .

Back in the summer of 2011, we received an email from a girl named Julia who was a senior in high school and was requesting our help with her senior project.  She was very eloquent and very convincing.  After several meetings and lengthy conversations, we agreed to help her put on a benefit concert for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.  And we agreed to do it for free.  We don't do shows for free.  For cheap, maybe, but not for free.  She even convinced several of the most talented musicians in Boise to perform at her benefit concert.  For free.  She pulled off this concert in a BIG way.  She could have done a much simpler project and received an A but no, not Julia.

Her organization and creative skills made me want to devote a very long blog post to all of her efforts.  I didn't have time for the details, so the post lived only in my mind. Until now. . .



In May of 2012, we received an invitation to Julia's graduation as well as a VIP invite to a special dinner she was preparing for the people who had made the biggest impact on her life.  What an honor.  She could easily have grilled burgers and dogs and had Popsicles for dessert, but no, not Julia.  She prepared a fancy menu that included prime rib, asparagus and Creme Brulee' for dessert.  She cooked the entire meal herself and recruited her family to serve us in their spacious backyard.  She gave each of us a personal note to tell us how we have impacted her life.  She's pretty amazing.  (And has a VERY supportive family!!) 

I really wanted to post all of the photos and describe the meal in detail but I didn't have time so it didn't get written.  Until now. . .



And that brings me to this day, December 28, 2012.  Julia contacted us about a month ago.  She had some big news and wanted us to be a part of it.  During her first week or so of college, she met someone special and they were getting married.  She told us about her ideas for the reception and asked if we would help.  Of course we could.  This is what she wanted:







She could have put a few flowers on the tables and used the speakers in the gym but no, not Julia.  It was a beautiful reception with a crowd of friends and family wishing the new couple all of the happiness in the world.  I think we were pretty fortunate to meet Julia all those months ago and I look forward to seeing where her creativity and organizational skills take her.
 
Blessings on you, Julia and Justin!!

No comments: